Since I ported my notebook to Linux Mint, I started using Eclipse for web page development. Apparently nowadays, it is common practice to add @CHARSET “UTF-8”; to the top of your css files. Also, Eclipse does that by default, which is nice.

However, while presenting my newest work to a customer, reality hit me hard. The page displayed without styling in Safari (4.0.3 531.9.1) and Chrome ( browsers. I went to investigate. After some time, I removed @Charset command from all CSS files. That fixed the problem but still made me look weird.

So until further ado, I’ll avoid using @Charset command in CSS. I advise you do the same.